We all are aware of the recent update of Windows by Microsoft. The recent update is regarding Windows 11. And this update is after the Windows 10 version. There is a difference between Windows 10 and Windows 11 features. Windows 11 comes with various features. Windows 11 is better than Windows 10 for gaming. Then it comes with dark mode and sleep mode. You can change the windows 11 modes according to your choice.
And you can also try to customize the Windows 11 features. In this way, Windows 11 is tested and updated in the market. Then we will see about the new feature of Windows 11, which is the hello feature. This feature helps the user to access Windows 11 devices. But sometimes Windows Hello doesn’t work on Windows 11. To know about the solutions for Windows Hello not working on Windows 11, read the article below;
Reason behind Windows Hello not working on Windows 11:-
Windows Hello is the way to access the Windows 11 device. Due to Hello, it becomes easy to unlock Windows 11 devices. Then using the Windows Hello PIN, facial recognition, and fingerprint feature, one can add security to Windows 11 devices. In this way, Windows Hello works. Now following are the reasons why Windows Hello doesn’t work on Windows 11;
- The first reason is due to the authorization of the login pin. The user has to enable the pin login authorization to activate Windows Hello. And if you disable the pin login authorization, then Windows Hello will not work on Windows 11.
- Sometimes the enabling of a login pin or Windows hello require relevant devices. And if it doesn’t have relevant devices, then windows hello will not work on Windows 11. So connect the relevant device to your Windows 11 PC. And then Windows Hello will work on Windows 11.
- The next reason is due to the old version of drivers installed in Windows 11 devices. If your driver, like webcams, iris scanners, and fingerprint sensors, is outdated, then Windows Hello will not work on your device.
- And the next reason might be due to the malfunctioning of biometric devices that are connected to Windows 11 PC. The biometric devices start showing errors while operating them. So these are the reasons why Windows Hello is not working on Windows 11.
Ways to fix Windows Hello not working on Windows 11:-
There are three main ways using which you can fix Windows Hello not working on Windows 11 error. So to know more detail about the methods, follow the ways below;
Try to uninstall and reinstall the biometrics driver:-
Follow the steps below to reinstall the biometric drivers on Windows 11 PC;
- First of all, open the device manager of Windows PC.
- To open the device manager, press the Windows + X keys together.
- Then in the device manager, click on biometric devices.
- Now the options will expand.
- After that, right-click on the biometric device and then click on Uninstall device option.
- Then a new tab will open their tick into the empty box.
- Then click on the uninstall option.
- After uninstalling the biometric device, reboot your PC.
- And then, try to reinstall the biometric device again on your PC.
- And this will fix the issue of Windows Hello not working on Windows 11.
Try to reset the facial recognition and fingerprint options:-
Follow the steps below to reset the fingerprint and facial recognition options of Windows 11;
- First of all, open the settings from your desktop.
- To open settings, press Windows + I keys together.
- Then from settings, go to Accounts.
- And in accounts, click on the sign-in option.
- Then go to the facial recognition and fingerprint recognition option.
- Now select one of them and click on the Remove option.
- And then, click on the setup option.
- Then reset the fingerprint and facial recognition again.
- In this way, Windows Hello will again begin to work on Windows 11.
Try to reinstall the windows hello of feature:-
Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the windows hello feature on Windows 11 PC;
- First of all, press the Windows + I keys together to open Settings.
- Then from settings, select the apps option.
- Now from apps, click on optional features.
- Then from optional features, search for Windows Hello feature.
- Now go to the Windows Hello feature and click on it.
- And then click on the Uninstall option.
- After that, reinstall windows hello.
- To reinstall the windows hello feature, go to the Windows logo button.
- Then click on the settings option.
- From settings, click on apps.
- And from apps, select optional features.
- Then search for windows, hello to install it.
- Or you can go for the view features option.
- And from there, search for windows, hello to install it.
- In this way, you can uninstall and reinstall Windows Hello from Windows 11 PC.
- And then again, try to use Windows Hello on Windows 11.
- The error will be gone.
Steps to Turn On Windows Hello in Windows 11:-
Follow the steps below to turn on windows hello on Windows 11 PC;
- First of all, press the Windows button.
- Then select Settings from the options.
- Or you can press Windows + I keys together to open settings.
- From settings, you will see the Accounts option.
- Click on the Accounts option to open it.
- Then click on the sign-in option in accounts.
- There you will see Windows Hello.
- Turn on the windows, hello.
- And then, set the biometrics and pin to your Windows 11 PC.
- In this way, you can turn on windows hello on Windows 11 PC.
- That’s it.
Reason why Fingerprint scanner doesn’t work on Windows 11:-
There are several reasons behind fingerprint scanners not working on Windows 11. Using a fingerprint scanner when securing a device. The error may occur due to the unavailability of the fingerprint scanner on the PC. The next reason is the segregation of dust on the fingerprint scanner. Then it also may be due to dirty hands. And if you use an external fingerprint scanner, then there might be a connection issue between the scanner and the device. The next reason might be due to driver issues and updated versions of drivers. The other reason might be due to the corrupted files present in the driver. So these are the reasons why the fingerprint scanner doesn’t work on Windows 11. That’s it.