Windows is the best operating system ever by Microsoft. But due to some errors, the dark mode may create a problem. Some users faced an issue of Windows 11 being stuck in dark mode. And this is when you lock yourself out of the dark mode. And then you are unable to get the dark mode off. So in this article, we will see the five ways to fix Windows 11’s stuck-in-dark mode issue. So to know the ways or methods in detail, read the article below;
Reasons behind Windows 11 being stuck in dark mode:-
There might be different reasons behind Windows 11 devices being stuck in dark mode. Before going to the solutions, we must find the reason behind the issue. So following are the reasons why Windows 11 device is stuck in dark mode;
Due to the incompatibility of programs:-
The first reason might be due to the incompatibility of programs and applications. When you install an application or program in Windows 11, they might disturb the dark mode.
Due to not activating the windows version:-
Another reason might be that you have not activated the Windows version. When you don’t activate the windows copy version, it will be hard to enter the product key and get stuck in dark mode.
Due to the new Windows update:-
Whenever Microsoft updates Windows, it comes with security fixes. And this update may create an issue in dark mode settings. And the user may get stuck in Windows 11 dark mode.
Due to entering of virus and malware:-
The next reason might be due to the virus and malware. When a virus or malware enters, the theme automatically changes to dark mode. And the user gets stuck in dark mode.
These are the reasons why your Windows 11 may get stuck in dark mode.
Ways to fix Windows 11 stuck in dark mode issue:-
There are various methods using which you can come out of dark mode. So following are the ways using which you can get out of dark mode in Windows 11;
Try to disable the high contrast theme of Windows 11:-
Follow these steps below to disable the high contrast theme of Windows 11;
- First of all, visit the control panel.
- To open the control panel, press the windows key.
- And then from the Windows ki type control panel.
- And then open the control panel.
- Then click on the Ease of access option.
- Then in the search bar, type Turn high contrast ON or Off.
- Now go to the high contrast and turn it off.
- Now change the dark mode theme.
- This can resolve the issue.
Try to restart your device:-
This is the common solution for every error. Whenever you restart your device, the issue may resolve. The programs will smoothly Run from the beginning when you restart the device. If the above method doesn’t work, then try this method. To restart the windows 11 PC, visit the start button. Or you can directly press the windows button. Then you will see the power icon. Click on the power icon and select the restart option. Then your device will restart. And then again, try to turn off the dark mode. And this may resolve the issue of Windows 11 being stuck in dark mode. That’s it.
Try to use an antivirus to scan for viruses and malware:-
Every device must have an antivirus installed before. Using antivirus one can remove the virus from devices. The antivirus first detects the virus and then removes them. And it also detects the malware present in Windows 11 devices. So follow the steps below to scan for viruses and malware;
- First of all, open Windows security.
- To open Windows security, press the Windows key.
- Then in the search bar, type Windows security.
- And open the Windows security option.
- Then from Windows security, click on Virus and Threat protection.
- After that, select current threats.
- And then, from current traits, click on the Quick Scan option.
- Now the scanning for the virus will begin.
- If it finds any virus, it will detect and remove it from Windows 11.
- And then restart your device after the scanning process.
- Then try to get out of dark mode in Windows 11.
Try to Run the DISM and SFC commands:-
If the above method doesn’t work, you can try this method. Another way to get out of dark mode is in Windows 11. Follow the steps below to run the DISM, and SFC commands;
- First of all, press the Windows key.
- Then in the search bar, type cmd.
- And then, click on the Run as administrator option.
- Now in the command, type DISM/Online/CleanupImage/ScanHealth.
- And then press the enter button.
- After that, again type sfc/scannow and press the Enter button.
- After the execution of both commands, restart your device.
- And then again, try to get out of the dark mode of Windows 11.
Try to uninstall the new apps and programs:-
The next method is to uninstall the new apps and programs from Windows 11. So following are the steps to uninstall new apps and programs;
- First of all, press the Windows key.
- Then search for the control panel in the search bar.
- Now in the control panel, you will see programs and features.
- Below the programs and features option, click on Uninstall a program option.
- Then go to the newly installed programs or apps.
- Right-click on each program or app and click on the Uninstall option.
- In this way, the new apps and programs will uninstall.
- That’s it.
What about the Auto dark mode in Windows 11:-
Windows 11 comes with the feature Auto dark mode. And using the Auto dark mode feature, the device automatically adjusts the display’s brightness. If it is the day, it adjusts the brightness according to it. And if it is night, then it changes the brightness according to the night. Then you can also customize the Night light settings. In this way, the Auto dark mode of Windows 11 works.