We all know that Windows 11 is the latest version of Microsoft Windows. We have seen many features available in Windows 11. The sound quality provided by windows 11 is the best. But some users face no sound in Windows 11 issues. They say that Windows 11 has no sound. There are many reasons and causes behind this issue. This article will show some tested solutions to fix Windows 11 has no sound issue. To know the detail about the tested solutions, read the article below;
Reasons behind Windows 11 has no sound issue:-
Windows 11 comes with various great features. Till now, no other Windows version is compatible with Windows 11 version. But users face some issues in Windows 11 also. There might be various reasons behind these issues. Users say that Windows 11 has no sound. We will see some reasons why the sound of Windows 11 doesn’t work.
- The first main reason is the updated version of your device.
- The user needs to update the device first.
- The next reason is the outdated version of the sound driver.
- And this might be the main reason behind Windows 11 having no sound.
- Then the next reason is the speakers of the device.
- If speakers don’t work on Windows 11, you need to change them.
- Or another reason might be the sound setting may be disabled in Windows 11.
So this might be the reason behind Windows 11 having no sound issue. Now we will see some tested methods to check the windows 11 sound.
Why does Windows 11 have no sound?
As we have seen, some reasons behind Windows 11 have no sound. Now we will see the main reason behind the sound not working. A user complained that there is no output of sound from Windows 11. Following are some detailed causes of no sound effects in Windows 11;
Due to misconfiguration of audio settings:-
This is when the Windows 11 sound settings are not configured properly. So misconfiguration of the audio setting can occur. And this misconfiguration of settings may disable the sound. So check the configuration settings of Windows 11.
Due to disabling audio settings:-
When you enable the audio settings, you will be able to hear the sound. But whenever you disable the audio settings, you will not be able to hear the sound. So Windows 11 has no sound issue. For that, you need to enable the audio services of Windows 11.
Due to incorrect connection of output device:-
To have a proper sound, you need an output device. You must connect that device to your PC or laptop. And then only you can hear the sound. If you don’t connect the sound properly, you may not be able to hear the sound. So check the connection of the output device with your Windows 11 PC. The issue may occur if the doubt put device is not correctly connected.
Due to corrupted and incompatible sound drivers:-
There are drivers available in Windows 11. You need to update them daily. If you don’t update them, they don’t allow external devices. The same mein happens with the sound drivers of Windows 11. The sound drivers may be corrupted, or they may be incompatible with Windows 11. So the sound effect may disappear.
Due to incorrect default output device:-
You need to select a default output device. Same, you need to select a default output device for sound settings. If the device you selected for default purposes is wrong, a sound issue may occur.
So these are the causes behind Windows 11 having no sound. Now we will see some methods and ways to fix Windows 11 that have no sound issue.
Ways to fix Windows 11 has no sound error:-
There are some tested methods using which you can fix Windows 11 that have no sound issue. The following are the tested methods;
Try to open the Play Audio Troubleshooter:-
The first solution you can try is to try to open the play audio troubleshooter. This may help you to solve or fix the issue. It is the tried and tested method. Follow the steps below to open the play audio troubleshooter;
- Now go to the start menu from your Windows 11 desktop.
- Then from the start menu, go to the settings app.
- Now in settings, you will see troubleshooting on the system tab.
- Click on the troubleshooting option.
- Then from the troubleshooting option, select other troubleshooters.
- Then the list of troubleshooters will appear in settings.
- And then click on the run option.
- When you see it, play the audio troubleshooter, then click on the Run option.
- Now the play audio troubleshooter will open and fix the issue.
- That’s it.
Try to check the connection of the sound device:-
Sometimes the sound is not connected properly to the device. And this is the next solution to fix the windows 11 has no sound issue. Check the cable connection between the sound device and the PC. There might be a lost connection between sound and the PC. Then you can also try to plug in the sound device with other devices. And check whether there is a problem with the sound device or PC. Then finally you can change the cable of sound. There might be an issue with the connector cable. This will solve your issue regarding sound. That’s it.
Try to update the sound drivers of Windows 11:-
Driver plays an important role in your device. It allows the external drivers to connect. So following are the ways to update sound drivers of Windows 11;
- To update the sound drivers manually, you need to open the device manager.
- Then it would be best to double-click the audio inputs and outputs in the device manager option.
- Then right-click on the audio inputs and outputs.
- From the right-click list, click on the update driver option.
- Now it will automatically start searching for outdated drivers.
- And after searching for the drivers, it will update the drivers.
- After updating the sound driver, restart your device.
- And again, try to check the sound in Windows 11.
- That’s it.
You can also update the sound driver automatically. But there is some type of risk in updating the drivers automatically. So without taking any risk, you can select a Manual update of the sound driver. That’s it.
Try to restart the Windows Audio services:-
The next solution you can try is to restart the Windows audio services. There might be an issue with the audio services of Windows 11. So to solve the issue, you can restart it. Following are the steps to restart Windows audio;
- Now from the desktop, go to the start button.
- On the start button, you need to right-click.
- Then a list of options will open.
- From those options, select the Run option.
- Then in the run box, you need to type for services.msc and Run.
- Then services will open.
- Now you will see Windows audio service.
- Right-click on the Windows audio service.
- And then click on the Restart option.
- You need to repeat the third step for the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and Remote Procedure Call.
- That’s it; the sound, not working issue will resolve.
Try to update Windows 11:-
Another solution you can try is to update your Windows 11 system. Following are the steps to update the windows 11 system;
- On the taskbar of Windows 11, you will see a magnifying glass.
- Press on the magnifying glass of the Windows 11 search utility.
- Then in the search utility, type Windows update.
- Then click on the Windows update settings option.
- After that, click on the check for updates option.
- And then downloading and installing of new Windows 11 will begin.
- After that, check the sound issue in Windows 11
Try audio settings adjustment:-
The next solution you can try is to adjust the audio settings of Windows 11. Following are the steps to adjust audio settings in Windows 11;
- First of all, go to the sound settings.
- To open the sound settings, you can right-click on the sound icon of Windows 11.
- Then in sound settings, click on the choose where to play the sound option.
- Before that, you need to set your audio device as default.
- You can add the device if you don’t see your audio device listed.
- Then check the unmute option of sound.
- If it is mute, then click on the unmute speaker option.
- Then try every volume option in sound settings.
- And try to adjust the sounds or volume settings in Windows 11.
- And this will solve or fix Windows 11 has a no-sound issue.
- That’s it.