Some Windows 11 features are exciting. And those features are more effective than Windows 10 features. The printer compatible with Windows 11 and 10 is just now. But still, Microsoft is working on the issue related to printing connection and redirecting . So in this article, we will see reasons and ways to fix printer redirection not working in Windows 11 issue. To know in detail about fixing the issue, read the article below;
Reason behind Printer redirection not working in Windows 11:-
Various factors may affect printer redirection not working in Windows 11 issue. And due to these factors, various reasons occur behind printer direction not working in Windows 11. So it is important to know the reason behind the issue and then go to fix it. If you understand the reason behind the issue, you will immediately get the solution to fix it. The connection of the printer depends upon the redirecting of the connection. Then it connects using remote desktop printing. But the issue occurs when the list of the connected device appears.
Remote desktop printing has more issues so errors may occur. Then the next reason is due to the values of registry entries. And there might be an issue with the registry entries. So the error in printer redirection not working in Windows 11 may occur. Then another reason might be due to the local printers. Sometimes you need to enable the local printers to eliminate errors while redirecting the printer in Windows 11. So these are the reasons why printer redirection is not working in Windows 11.
Ways to fix the printer redirection not working in Windows 11 error:-
Using several methods, you can fix the printer redirection error. So following are the ways using which you can resolve the issue;
Try to modify registry entry values:-
The first method you can try is to modify registry entry values in Windows 11. Then follow the steps below to modify registry entry values;
- First of all, in the search bar, type registry editor.
- Then open the registry editor app.
- Then type; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer\Wds\rdpwd\fEnablePrintRDR.
- After that, double-click on the file.
- Then set the value 1.
- And then click on the okay option.
- Now try to redirect the printer to Windows 11.
- This will resolve the issue.
Try to enable the local printers in Windows 11:-
If the above method doesn’t work, then you can follow this method. So following are the steps to enable the local printers in Windows 11;
- First of all, open the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) screen.
- Then you will find the Local devices and resources option.
- Then from local devices and resources, activate the Printers option.
- And now, try to redirect the printer to Windows 11.
- Then it will resolve the issue regarding printer redirection not working in Windows 11.
Try to uninstall and reinstall printer drivers in Windows 11:-
This is the common method to resolve every issue in Windows 11. If the above methods don’t work, you can follow this method. So following are the steps to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers in Windows 11;
- First of all, visit the device manager from settings.
- Then open the device manager app.
- Now expand the print queues category.
- Then from the drop-down, select the device that you want to uninstall.
- And then, click on the Uninstall device option.
- Then right-click on the Print queues.
- And then, select the Scan for hardware changes option.
- After uninstalling the driver, reinstalled it on Windows 11.
- And then, try to redirect the printer to Windows 11.
- This may resolve the issue.
Try to restart Windows 11 and the printer:-
If the above methods don’t work, then you can try this method. Restarting devices can resolve all issues. Restarting the device can help to restart the program which is stuck. So to restart your device go to this start menu from the desktop. Then from the start menu, press the power button. Then select the restart option. Now the device will shut down and restart again.
Same, you have to perform the restart with the printer. Present the whole power button of your printer. And then again, try to start it. In this way, you can restart both devices. And now, connect the printer to the windows 11 device. Then try to redirect the printer to Windows 11. This may result in the issue regarding printer redirection not working in Windows 11. That’s it.
Try to disconnect and reconnect the printer with Windows 11:-
If the above methods don’t work, then try to use this method. This is also one of the common methods using which you can resolve issues or errors. First of all, disconnect the printer cable from Windows 11 device. If you are a wireless printer holder, disconnect by disabling the device’s Wi-Fi connection.
After that, wait for a while and reconnect them. And if you are a cable printer operator, connect the printer’s USB cables with Windows 11. And for wireless printers, try to connect the printers using Wi-Fi. In this way, you can disconnect and reconnect the devices. And finally, try to redirect the printer to Windows 11. That’s it.
About redirection of printer server:-
Some devices automatically redirect the printers to local printers. And this is what the redirection of printer means. Using the redirection of the printer server, one can use the locally installed printers for various terminal sessions. Then one can also use the redirection in a building to get print from local printers. The use of the server is to detect the local printer installed in Windows 11. And including all the servers, a list of servers with print queue sessions is created. And in this way, the redirecting of the printer works in Windows 11.
So these are the ways to fix printer redirection not working in Windows 11 issues. Then using these methods, you can enable the redirection of the Printer in Windows 11.