If the NVIDIA control panel not opening, then it could be due to the outdated drivers you are being used; your windows must not be updated to the latest version, or the pc is being hung process. This tool can be useful for the pc to manage the various settings related to the graphic card of the pc. This problem may occur due to the interference of the antivirus with the apps, so always check the settings and disable it if needed.
Many users got that issue for not opening the NVIDIA control panel of the computer. This can occur due to fine-tuning the graphic card. This app can be to customize the graphic card settings depending on the graphic card that I’m using. We are going to give you solutions for this problem.
How can I solve the problem of the NVIDIA Control Panel not opening?
Update the drivers.
- Right-click on the start option and then click on the device manager.
- Again right, click the NVIDIA driver option and then click on the updated driver.
- If the latest driver update is available, then it will download automatically and then install the drivers. If the driver is not available, then your driver is updated.
- Now click on the restart option to restart your pc.
Update your windows.
- Click on the Windows key and then click on the I button to open the settings app.
- Now, click on the update and security options from the menu.
- In the right side menu, there will be the check for updates option, and then open i
You can end the NVIDIA display container process.
- Click on the Ctrl plus Shift plus Esc buttons to open the task manager.
- Find the NVIDIA display container process option and then right-click and then click on the end task option from the menu.
You have to disable the antivirus temporarily.
- Now, click on the start option and then search for the security option and then click on Windows security from the result.
- Click on the virus and threat protection option and then open it.
- If you don’t have installed the third-party antivirus, then you have to deactivate the protection from windows defender. If you have, then open the app and then disable the antivirus in the menu.
- You can deactivate the defense from the protection menu and then click on the core shield.
Make sure you are running the required services.
- Click on the Windows button plus the R option and then type the services.msc and then click on the enter option or the ok option.
- When you open the service windows, then lift, click on the NVIDIA display container LS option, and then click on the properties option.
- Now click on the startup to automatic option and then click on the start option to start the service. Click on the application and then click on the ok option to save the change.
- Now click on the NVIDIA network service container, then click on the startup type option to automatic and check whether the service is running or not.
You can start the app directly from the installation directory.
- Click on the Windows button plus the E button to open the file explorer.
- Go to the folder.
- C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corpoation\control Panel Client
- Search for the nvcplui.exe file.
- Double-click on the file to open it. After opening, the NVIDIA control panel will start without any problems.
- You can create a shortcut for the app on your pc and then start from there.
Impair the fast Boot option in Windows.
- Click on the Windows button plus the S button and then search for the power settings option to open; now click on the power & sleep Settings from the menu.
- Click on the additional power settings option to related settings.
- The power options tab will open. From the left side of the menu, click on the choose what the power buttons do.
- Click on the option that will change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Now, click on the turn on fast startup option and then click on the save change option to update the settings.
You can reinstall the driver from the NVIDIA Geforce experience.
- Click on the NVIDIA Gefroce experience option and then open it.
- Now click on the driver section.
- Click on the reinstall the driver option, click on the components, and select the install option.
- Follow the procedure on the screen to complete the reinstall process. As the driver is reinstalled, check whether the problem is still running.
Make sure the NVIDIA control panel is not hidden.
- Click on the Windows button plus the S button and search for the Nvidia control, and then click on the NVIDIA Control Panel for the search list.
- Now, go to the desktop and then click on the Add a Desktop context menu. You can also click on the show notification tray icon option if you want to get the notification from the app.
NVIDIA Control Panel is not open in Windows 11.
The issue can occur on Windows 11 too. All the solutions given are for Windows 10; you can apply the solutions to the new operating system. We will give you the solution for the service not working on Windows.
- Click on the Windows button plus the R button to open the run app, type the services.msc, and then click on enter.
- Find the NVIDIA Display container LS option from the list.
- If the service is still running now, then right-click on the service and then click on the start option from the menu.
- Check whether you can start the NVIDIA control panel. If the issue still occurs, then right-click on the service again and then click on the restart option this time.
How can I reinstall the NVIDIA Control panel?
- Click on the start option and then click on the settings option to open.
- Click on the apps option.
- Scroll down in the list till you find the NVIDIA control panel option, and then click on it to uninstall.
- Open the Microsoft store and then download the NVIDIA control panel again, and then install it.