Network profile type is one of the features of Windows 11. The network profile type is to connect the devices or networks to Windows 11. Sharing of the network is done by network profile in Windows. But recently, the users faced an issue using the network profile type. Users noticed that the network profile type is missing in Windows 11. So the users need a solution to fix the error. We will see some methods or ways to fix them in this article. To know the ways in detail, read the article below;
What is the reason behind the network profile type missing in Windows 11:-
Some users faced issues with network profile type in Windows 11. Windows 11 have some drawbacks. Some issues are related to the mouse, and some issues are related to scanners. And in this article, we will see the network profile type missing in Windows 11. Following are the reasons why network profile type is missing in Windows 11;
Due to an outdated version of Windows:-
The old version of Windows is the first reason the network type goes missing in Windows 11. Windows gives notifications of updates every time. The users ignore updating the windows version. Then the error mainly occurs. So check for windows updates every time.
Due to an outdated version of device drivers:-
Sometimes we forget to update the drivers. There is an application that can update your device drivers. The name of that application is DriverFix. It will automatically search for outdated drivers. And update those drivers. And when the drivers of a device are not up to date, they face issues like network profile type missing in Windows 11.
Then this will disturb the smooth running of Windows 11. And the Windows 11 system is incomplete without the drivers. Even the reason behind the network profile type missing may be due to the incomplete installation of drivers. Or the drivers are installed but are not visible on Windows 11. So these are the reasons behind the missing network profile.
Due to a problem in the network adaptor:-
A network adaptor is an important part of Windows 11. Network adaptors help to connect the device to various networks. Without a network adaptor, it is not possible to connect with any network. And due to issues in the network adaptor, the network profile type goes missing in Windows 11. Then try to solve the issue in the network adaptor. And then, try to find a network profile in Windows 11 to help you solve the network profile type issue.
And these are all the reasons and causes behind the network profile type missing in Windows 11.
How to fix the network profile type missing in Windows 11 using DriverFix?
Driver fix is an external or third-party application. Then using the driver fix application, the user can fix various issues in Windows 11. So we mostly recommend the DriverFix application to fix any issue related to Windows 11. Follow the steps below to run the DriverFix application on Windows;
- First of all, go to the official website of DriverFix.
- Then download the DriverFix setup from the website.
- After that, install the DriverFix application on Windows.
- Then launch the DriverFix application.
- Then start scanning to find the updates.
- After that, a list of updated drivers will appear.
- Now click on the update drivers option.
- Updating of drivers will begin, and the issue will resolve.
- This can solve or fix the network profile type missing in Windows 11.
- That’s it.
Can I change my network type to private in Windows 11?
Yes, you can change your network profile type to private in Windows 11. for that, you have to follow some steps. Then you can also change the network type to private for Wi-Fi and Ethernet. So we are going to see both Wi-Fi and Ethernet.
To change network profile type to private for Wi-Fi:-
Follow the steps below;
- Go to the start menu from the desktop.
- Then go to the settings option.
- From settings, select the network and internet options.
- Then click on the Wi-Fi option and go for Manage known networks.
- Then select the wireless connection and click on network profile type.
- After that, click on the box for private.
- Now the network profile type settings will change to private for Wi-Fi.
- That’s it.
To change network profile type to private for Ethernet:-
Follow the steps below;
- Click on the start menu from the desktop.
- Then select the settings option.
- After that, go to the network and internet option.
- Then from the network and internet, select Ethernet.
- And then, go to the network profile type option.
- Then click on the box to private.
- Now the network profile type will become private on Windows 11.
Ways to fix the network profile type missing in Windows 11:-
We have seen why the network profile type is missing in Windows 11. Then you might have got an idea of what to do and what not. We will see some methods and ways to fix the error below;
Try to update the drivers of your device:-
Drivers play an important role in Windows devices. So updating drivers in time is very important. Windows will not work properly if you don’t update the drivers on time. So try to update the drivers as below;
- First of all, go to the Run Command prompt.
- Use Windows + R to open the Run Command prompt.
- Then type for devmgmt.msc and then click on the Ok option.
- Now the device manager will open.
- Then select a device to update.
- Then right, click on that device.
- After that, click on the Update device and select Search automatically for drivers.
- Now try to restart your device after an update.
- The issue of the network profile type missing will fix.
- That’s it.
Try to troubleshoot the network adaptor:-
The network adaptor plays an important part in adapting nearby networks. Without a network adaptor, no network will connect to your device. If there is an issue with the network adaptor, try troubleshooting it. Follow the steps to troubleshoot the network adaptor;
- Now go to troubleshoot settings.
- Or press the Windows key to visit the troubleshooting settings.
- Then go for an Additional troubleshooter.
- And then select Network adapter.
- After that, click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
- Now choose a network of the network adaptor.
- Now searching for the issue will begin.
- After that, go for the Next option.
- You have to wait for a while till it runs.
- Now check for diagnosis and get to know the problem.
- Then the location of the problem will be seen if the network adaptor is faulty.
- And then solve the issue.
- That’s it, and now you can find the network profile type on your Windows 11.
Try to restart your Windows 11 device:-
Restarting the device creates issues resolved. So first of all there are ways go to restart your device. Follow the steps below to restart your Windows 11 device;
- Go to the start menu.
- Then click on the Power option.
- Then drop-down options will open.
- After that, go for the Restart option.
- Then wait for a while.
- The device will restart.
- Now try to find the network profile type in settings.
- You will find the option after restarting the device.
- That’s it.
Try to update your Windows 11:-
Windows provide your update notifications on time. But some users don’t update it on time. So the error in finding the network profile type occurs. So follow the steps below to update Windows;
- Firstly, go to the Start menu.
- Then go to settings from the Start menu.
- Now go for the Windows Update option.
- And then check for Updates.
- It will begin to check for updates.
- And it will automatically update if available.
- Now this will fix the issue, network profile type missing Windows 11.
- That’s it.
Try to restart the router or other network:-
Another method you can follow is to restart the router or the network to which you have connected. Sometimes we face network profile-type missing issues due to problems in the router or your external network. So try to restart your router and network. Or you can also change your network 1 to 2 or network 2 to 1. This will help you to fix the network profile type missing in Windows 11.
Note:- Here is an extra tip. You can try changing network 2 to network 1. Go to the Quick link menu using Windows + X keys. Then select the Network Connection option. And then press the ALT key. Now in advanced settings, change the network. That’s it.