You can find duplicate files on your device and delete them in windows 11. If your system is not giving you the best response or is lacking, you can use this to remove unwanted and duplicate files from your device. Duplicate Files In Window 11 Most people try to delete the apps from their device, but the device shows the alert and tells them to delete the duplicate file first.
If you are keeping files very carefully on your pc, there is a change between files, such as some files are important, and some are duplicate files in the folders. Sometimes we also don’t know many duplicate files we have made on our pc. Most of the time, we try to make the original file, but we go the short way. We download the PDF from the internet and modify it. Because of these wrong methods, the files we save on our pc are known to pc as duplicate files.
Can I Find the Duplicate Files in Windows?
Here are the steps to remove duplicate files from Windows 11. First, you must know how to find duplicate files on the pc. You can use it and find duplicate files.
- Sort function:- It works when you are using the file explorer, you can find it by Name, size, shape, or Date when it has been modified, or you can find it by other methods. The sort function sorts the contents of a range or array.
- Third-party tools:- By using this application, you can find all your duplicate files. You must be careful while using this application. This is risky sometimes, and it can delete important files from your pc.
- File explorers View:- This may not be the simplest way to do this globally, but it is insufficient, especially while searching through the folder. The computer tap on the ribbon lets you see properties for a drive or device, connect to locations on your network, and allows you to access system tools.
Steps to Find Duplicate Files or Folders on Windows 11?
Here are some easy steps to delete duplicate files or folders from Windows 11.
Using File Explorer
Before using it, you need to know about it below;
File explorer, previously known as Windows explorer, is a file manager application included with releases of the Microsoft Windows operating system from Windows 95 Onwards. It provides a graphic user interface for accessing the file system. File explorer in windows 11 helps you get the files you need quickly and easily. To check in windows 11, select it on the taskbar or the start menu or press the Windows logo key + E on your keyboard. There are two types of files.
There are program files and Data files. By using this, you can explore all your files and folders. Here you can see your older files also.
- First, go to your pc.
- Now, you enter the via file explorer on your pc.
- Now click on the sort menu and select the Name.
- Again click on the view button on the top Right side.
- Select the duplicate files individually.
- And then, click on the delete Icon on the command Bar click on it.
- If you want to delete all the files, first click on the Ctrl Key, select all the duplicate files in your pc then click on the Delete Key.
- In this method, you can select multiple files at a time.
- There were some easy steps to remove the duplicate files from windows 11.
- If you look at each and every file or folder, sorting the files and removing them is not easy work.
- But it’s safe to do sometimes the original file gets removed or deleted.
- And this is the case which happens with the people.
- People who use a third-party software solution. But it deletes some important files also.
- To protect your files and folders before deleting them, you can look at those files and make them safe on other folders or in other systems.
Use Command Prompt
In windows operating systems, the command prompt is a program that emulates the input field in a text-based user inference screen with the windows Graphical User Interface (GUI). It can execute entered commands and perform an advanced administrative function. Follow the steps below;
- Now press the Windows + R keys together to open the Search box.
- Then enter Windows Terminal and search.
- After that, right-click on the search result and click on the Run option.
- Then click on the Yes option when you see UAC.
- And then click on the Arrow, which is downward.
- Then select the Command prompt.
- And enter Command del “* – Copy.png.”
- Now the files will be visible using this command.
- And now you will be able to find the duplicate file in Windows 11.
- That’s it.
How Can I Use the Command Prompt on My Computer?
Navigate to the folder you wish to open a command prompt. Click the address bar at the top of the windows—type CMD Into the address text box followed by the Enter key. The command prompt window will open directly in that folder right away. If you want to see it, go to the folder menu, and you will get the folder over there.
- First, go to the program named (This pc) and click on Desktop.
- Open the folder where the duplicate files are located.
- Right-click on it and select “Copy as Path” from the context menu. To open a search menu, click on “Windows+S.”
- After that, enter the Windows Terminal in the text field at the top.
- By clicking the mouse’s right button, select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- Now by clicking yes on the UAC (User Account Control).
- You can see the downward-facing arc at the top; click on it.
- And select the command prompt from the list and click on Ctrl+Shift+2 to open it on the new tab.
- Now follow the Command while replacing the Name and extension for deleting the files.
- If you are comfortable using the commands, then you can use the command line tools to delete all duplicate files in one step.
Recommended Tool Command
- Now the recommended tool to use is commanded.
- This method works with the shell men’s power like a wall.
- Through this Command, you can modify your PC’s file and sort duplicate files.
- This is the easy method to use, and the duplicate files will be commanded, and these files will be removed from windows 11.
- This is simple and quick to do so.
- But make sure that your important files are safe.
- Otherwise, the important files will get deleted.
- There is a more straightforward and faster method known as Reliable Third-party software.
- By using this method, you can save time also.
Use Reliable Third-Party Software
Third-party software refers to reusable software components supplied or developed for a particular purpose by a different company.
If you search on Google there, you will get a lot of software about this. And most of these are the best for removing duplicate files In windows 11. But in that much and more are not effective, some softwares work on the money means you have to pay to download it on your pc.
Some of them are very easy to use, easily finding all the duplicate files and opening them on your screen.
- It takes some time, but it finds all the duplicate files. Our work is only one click on the button known as ‘delete.’
- While deleting the files, it shows you first.
- It’s simple to run and one of the quickest applications. It can even find all duplicate folders, files, photos, videos, and many more.
- And also it can find duplicate files on the computer and Google Drive, Windows media, and other platforms.
- And it comes with a cost. You can download it from the Google platform.
- You will get this application on any website when you search on the Google platform.
- Sometimes you delete the files, but it is stuck in the trash bin of the pc. So after deleting all duplicate files, take one look at the trash.
- Now you know better how to find the files and delete the duplicate files in windows 11.
- And with a proper understanding of various ways, you can choose the best site for your requirements and is the most efficient.
- By deleting the duplicate files now, your pc Will work smoothly and easily.
- These were some easy steps and information about how to find and delete the files in windows 11.