DPC Watchdog violation error also called the BSOD(Blue Screen Of Death) error, is the common error occurring in windows 10. This error occurs due to a defect in the hard drive detection. If your hard disk is not detected at any moment while performing a task, the system collapses, and the BSOD error becomes a role. The monitoring system on Windows 10 detects this error and shows the blue screen with many sub errors listed. In this context, we will focus on 11 ways to fix the DPC watchdog violation BSOD in windows 10. So let’s get started.
What are the different ways to Fix the BSOD, i.e. DPC error on your Windows 10 Pc?
Here we have provided 11 different solutions to fix the DPC error occurring on your Windows 10, and they are as follows;
Updating the Disk Drivers:
Updating the Disk Drivers is a basic thing that you can perform. To update them;
- Right-click on the “This PC” icon and then click on the Manage button.
- Then go to the Device Manager option.
- Now all the device manager drivers will be available.
- Expand the Disk Driver and right-click on the “Intel SSDP”.
- Then click on the update driver button.
- Now select the Search Automatically for Drivers.
- Now the system will search for the drivers.
- Make sure you are connected to an internet connection.
- Now download and install the recommended update.
- Again go for the Windows Update and then search for the Recent Updates.
- Also, go for the optional updates and then update for the driver available there.
Using the Restore External tool:
A restore is an external tool that helps you fix the blue screen error on your Windows PC. For this, you will need to download the tool and then use it to find and fix the error;
- Go to the official restore website.
- Then click on the download button to download the restore application.
- Install it on your windows pc.
- Then open the software.
- Click on the diagnostic button.
- Now, wait till the tool finds an issue related to BSOD on your pc.
- Then finally, click on the Repair button.
- Now the tool will help you repair the error occurring.
Solving the issue using Command Prompt:
Command Prompt is an inbuilt software by windows that diagnoses the error and brings out a solution for it. So to repair the DPC watchdog violation error using a command prompt;
- Go to the search button present beside the windows button in the taskbar.
- Search for the command prompt here.
- In the command prompt, enter the command as “chkdsk C: /f.
- This will help you to find the error regarding any file on your windows pc.
- Now simply the command prompt will prompt the error on the screen.
- Again give the command as ” /r”, and it will start the repair.
- Within a few seconds, It will resolve the error if it’s easy for the command prompt.
Standard solution by Microsoft:
Microsoft provides a standard solution for the DPC watchdog violation error, i.e. replacing the file named iastor.sys driver. So you can replace the file by;
- Go to the windows start button and then right-click on it.
- Now go to the device manager option.
- You will get many options but expand the “IDE/ATAPI controllers” option.
- Right-click on the option appearing beneath it and then go to its properties.
- Here go to the driver’s tab and then to the details tab.
- Select the first appearing file in the details tab and then click the ok button.
- Finally, click on the update button.
- Now you need to select the browser option for the update.
- Also, open the list of the update options available.
- Now use the “Standard SATA Controller” and click on the next button.
- Close the tab and then restart your pc.
- Now you will see that the DPC watchdog violation BSOD error will get resolved.
Updating the Operating system of your Windows Pc:
Sometimes there are additional updates or recommended updates pending on your PC. And due to the non-availability of the internet connection for your PC, the updates remain pending. So you need to update this driver. To do so;
- Go to the search button.
- Then click on the settings option.
- Now click on the “Update & Security” option present at last.
- Now click on the “Check for Updates” option.
- The windows will check for updates available.
- Then click on the Start update button.
- Wait for the updates to install and then restart the pc.
- Again go to the same update settings.
- Here click on the options updates.
- Update the additional updates available for your pc.
Run A full security scan for threats:
Due to the attack of viruses and threats, the disk drivers may get damaged, leading to the blue screen error. So here is the solution by running a full scan:
- For this, go to the windows security settings.
- Then go to the Virus and threat protection settings.
- Go to the scan options button and then select the full scan.
- Click on the scan now button present below.
- So within a few minutes, windows will run the full scan, delete the affected files, and notify you.
Turn on the Windows Firewall:
Turning on the Windows Firewall is also important. The firewall is a barrier to the virus and malware entering your system. So if your firewall is off, you must turn it on by visiting the security settings.
Run a Troubleshooter:
You can also run the troubleshooter, i.e. the windows inbuilt diagnostic and repair tool. For this;
- Go to the settings and then to the update and security option.
- Now click on the troubleshooting option appearing in the left side list.
- Click on the additional troubleshooter and then the “Program Compatibility troubleshooter”.
- Run it, and it will detect the issues occurring on your system.
- Now run the repair option, which will do the remaining work for you.
Reset your PC:
If none of the abovementioned options works for you, then go for the system Reset button and the factory updates. Take a local backup, and then go for it.
Also, the other options you can try are:
- Uninstall the Third Part Applications.
- Delete the Pirated files on your pc.
These are the 11 Ways to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD in Windows 10.