Installing windows 11 iso on the M1 Mac is itself a difficult task. The Mac does not allow installing the windows operating system on it. Also, Microsoft had not updated the windows installation till windows 10. But after the windows 11 arrival, Microsoft made some changes, and using the ARM ISO file method, it’s possible to download and install windows 11 on the M1 mac. The process uses a third-party application or tool but is safe to use. So let’s discuss the download and installation of the windows 11 ARM ISO file on an M1 mac in detail. The process is explained below. Some extra information regarding the process is also explained.
Process to Download as Well as Install Windows 11 Iso on M1 Mac:
Direct download and installation of windows 11 on an M1 Mac are impossible. But using virtualization software, it’s possible to get windows 11. So follow the in detail process to download the software;
Downloading the Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac:
- Open your web browser on Mac.
- Then enter the parallels desktop 18 for Mac into the search bar.
- Then after it hit the enter button.
- Go to the first result appearing in the search list.
- Go to the parallels’ official site.
- Here click on the try now button.
- You can purchase it later.
- Now click on the download Parallels Desktop 18 for free button.
- Your file will download and be present in the downloads section.
Registration for the Windows Insider program:
After downloading the Parallels Desktop 19 for windows, you need to register for the windows insider program. So here is the process;
- Open your web browser and then click on insider.windows.com.
- After that, click on the signup button present.
- Here you can go for the sigh process or can create the account.
- If you have an existing Microsoft account, click the sign-in button.
- Enter your email address and then enter the password.
- Then click the sign-in button.
- On the next page, check for the security options and if you want to update or skip the part.
- Complete all the formal procedures until you reach the Microsoft windows insider page.
- Click on the accept terms of the agreement and then click on the register now button.
- Now complete all the steps involved in registering for the windows insider program.
Downloading the Windows 11 preview ARM 64 tool:
This tool is available online, and the steps are as follows;
- Go to microsoft.com.
- Then go to the software download section.
- Here search for the windows insider preview.
- It will show you the windows 11 iso preview ARM 64 tool button.
- Click on it and let the file download on your Mac.
Installing the Windows 11 preview ARM 64 tool:
- Go to the downloads section.
- Then search for the Windows 11 ARM 64 downloaded file.
- Here double-click on the software and permit it to install.
- Now follow all the onscreen processes to install the tool.
- Wait for the installation to complete, and then open the installed tool.
- Now windows 11 iso is downloaded as well as installed on your M1 Mac.
- Now you need to activate it.
- For the activation, you need to follow the below-given steps.
Activating the Windows on the M1 mac:
For the activation, you need to follow the process given below;
- Tap on the windows button present on the desktop.
- Then go to the settings.
- Then go to the system settings.
- Here in the settings, scroll down to get the activation button.
- Go to the activation settings.
- Click on the Activation state.
- Here you will get the activation state as inactive.
- Now click on the troubleshooting button present below the activation state.
- The troubleshooting window will now open up.
- Run the troubleshooter.
- After completing the troubleshooting, click on the link, i.e. ‘I changed my hardware recently.
- On the next page, you need to enter the login details.
- Enter the login details and then hit the enter button.
- Wait for some time.
- Now select your device from the list appearing.
- Only one device will be available on the list.
- After selecting it, click on the activate button.
- So, you can activate windows 11 iso on your Mac M1.
Can I activate Windows 11 on Mac M1 by purchasing it?
Yes, you can perform the purchase first and then go for the activation of windows 11 on your M1 Mac. The process is as follows;
- Open the windows 11 settings on your M1 Mac.
- Then go to the system settings.
- Here click on the activation bar and then to the activation status.
- Then click on the new license link on the right side.
- Now you will see the windows 11 iso purchase windows.
- Here window 11 will be present for purchase.
- Click on the buy now button.
- Now add the payment method and make the payment for your windows 11.
- After the successful purchase, your windows will activate.
- Now you can use windows on your M1 Mac without any Hustle.
Will I receive all the updates of windows 11 on the M1 mac after installing it?
Ans: yes, you will get all the updates available for Windows 11 on your M1 Mac if your windows are activated. If not activated, then activate the windows. Without the activation, you will not get the updates on your windows 11.
Is downloading and installing windows 11 on M1 mac legal?
Ans: Yes, it’s a legal process from Microsoft. But there are no such rules from apple. So the Mac user can switch to windows 11 installation whenever the user needs to. The user can also purchase the windows 11 license key from the Microsoft official site.
What if any error occurs while installing the windows 11 ARM on M1 Mac?
Ans: If any errors occur while installing the Windows 11 iso ARM, uninstall the files first, reinstall, and follow the process mentioned above again. And then, to the error persist, directly call the Microsoft team for help on the contact us portal of Microsoft.
So this is all bout the Download & Install Windows 11 ARM ISO on an M1 Mac.