Windows 11 allows external drivers to connect with it. So it is possible to connect the brother scanner with windows 11. But some of the users faced an issue with the connection of the brother scanner with windows 11. There are various reasons behind the issue in connection with the scanner. So we will see the solutions to fix the issue regarding the brothers’ scanner not working in Windows 11.
Windows 11 is the latest version of Windows and Microsoft. We all know about the features of Windows 11. Windows 11 is better than Windows 10 for gaming. Even other features of Windows 11 are better than Windows 10. One can also connect external drivers with windows 11, as we saw in the last article about Bluetooth mouse connection with windows 11. In this article, we will see that the external drive is a brother scanner.To know more about the ways to fix the issue, read the article below;
Reasons behind the brother scanner not working in windows 11:-
Windows 11 version is the latest version by Microsoft. After some testing on Windows 11, Microsoft launched it in the market. But still, there are some issues with windows 11. And one of the issues is that the brother scanner is not working in windows 11. Then we will see the reasons behind the brother scanner not working in windows 11. then following are the reasons behind brother scanner is not working in windows 11;
- The first reason behind it is that the windows version may be outdated.
- Then the next reason is due to outdated drivers.
- And another reason is an issue with the windows defender firewall.
- So these are the reasons or causes behind the brother’s scanner not working in windows 11.
Due to connection issues:-
Sometimes there might be an issue in connection. If the device connection is not proper, then the issue may occur. Some users may not understand the reason behind the error. So try to check the connection of your brother’s scanner. So check the connections of both devices.
Due to the effect of third-party applications:-
Some applications don’t allow the scanners to connect. These applications are known as third-party applications. Then the firewall can create an issue connecting the brothers’ scanner with windows 11. And if the firewall is on, the issue may occur.
Installation of incomplete or Corrupt drivers of Brother scanner:-
While installing the brothers’ scanner driver, the driver installation may be incomplete. If you do this, a connection error may occur. Or even the Brother scanner driver can get corrupted. And due to this, the connection of the brothers’ scanner with windows 11 may fail.
Windows are not updated:-
This is another reason or cause. Windows try to send you new updates through notifications. But some users may ignore the notifications. And this can cause an error in the connection of the brothers’ scanner with Windows 11. and this is very problematic for devices. So try to update the Windows on time.
So these are all the causes and reasons behind the brother scanner not working on Windows 11. Now we will see the solutions to fix these issues.
How to use the DriverFix application to fix the brother scanner not working on Windows 11?
There are various ways to fix the brother scanner not working on Windows 11. From those ways, this is one of the best ways. Following are the steps to run the DriverFix application on Windows 11;
- First of all, go to the browser of Windows 11.
- Then search for the official website of DriverFix.
- Then download the setup from the official website.
- After downloading the DriverFix setup, install it.
- Now open the application.
- It will begin to scan for the problematic driver.
- After scanning for the update, it will show a list of drivers having an issue.
- Now click on the update option.
- Then fixing the driver will begin.
- And this will solve the issue of the brother scanner not working in Windows 11.
- That’s it.
Ways to fix Brother scanner not working in Windows 11:-
Brother scanner is the best scanner as well as the printer. It is possible to connect the brothers’ scanner and printer to Windows 11. But some users faced an issue regarding the brother scanner not working on Windows 11. So we will see some ways and methods to solve this issue. Below are some ways to fix the error;
Check for Windows update and update it:-
The first step you need to follow is to check the updates for Windows. By applying a few steps, you can update your Windows. follow the steps below to check and update your Windows;
- First of all, go to the start button.
- Then from the start menu, go to settings.
- Then in settings, go for Windows update.
- Check whether an update is available or not.
- And if the update is available, then click on the updates option.
- Now Windows will update.
- And try to open the brother scanner in Windows 11.
- That’s it.
Try to update the Windows printer driver:-
Another option is to update the printer drivers. Some of the users don’t check for the updates of printer drivers. So they may face a brother scanner not working in Windows 11. Then follow the steps below to update the printer driver;
- First of all, go to the start menu.
- Done from the start menu, select device manager.
- After that, expand the print option.
- And then select the driver you need to update.
- Then right-click on the driver and click on the update driver option.
- Now click on search automatically for drivers.
- And if the brothers cannot driver is not up to date, then update it from DriverFix.
Try to Disable the Windows Firewall defender of Windows 11:-
Sometimes the user may face connection issues in Windows firewall defender. So the user may check the Windows firewall defender of devices. To disable the Windows Firewall defender of devices, follow the steps below;
- From the desktop, go to the start menu.
- Then in the search tab, type Windows defender firewall.
- And launch the search.
- After that, select Turn Windows Defender firewall on or off.
- Then check the two boxes to turn off the Windows defender firewall.
- And finally, click on the okay option to save the changes.
- That’s it; now try to work the brother’s scanner in Windows 11.
Try to scan another network connection using a different device:-
You can try to scan the brother scanner from another device to check the issue. Then you will know the problem is in Windows 11 or the brother scanner. So plug the connection of the brother scanner from Windows 11 to another device. And connect the brother scanner to a different device. Then check whether the brother scanner is working or not. That’s it.
Try to check the connection of the device:-
The connection of both devices is important. So users may try to check the connection first. Now follow a few steps to check the connection between Windows 11 and Brother scanner;
- Go to the brother scanner imprint and scan.
- Then click on the select your Machine option.
- Then Search for reconnection will begin.
- And this may resolve the brother scanner not working on Windows 11 devices.
- That’s it.
Connect Brother scanner to Windows 11:-
And now, we are going to see the process to connect or add brother scanners and printers to Windows 11. It is a very simple process. Anyone can follow it. Follow the steps below to add brother printer and scanners to Windows 11;
- First of all, you need to check the cable connection of the printer with the PC.
- Now go to the PC desktop.
- Then open the settings app.
- To open the settings app, you can use the shortcut keys Windows + I.
- Then from settings, go to Bluetooth and devices option.
- And click on the printers and scanners option from the Bluetooth and devices option.
- Then select your brother’s scanner and printer and connect them.
- That’s it, and all these steps will connect your brother scanner printer to your Windows 11 PC.
Issue in detecting brother scanner in Windows 11:-
Sometimes users of my face brother scanner do not detect issues. There is an issue brother scanner not being detected in Windows 11. We will see the reason behind it. The user must check the cable connection or wireless connection of both devices. If it’s correct, try to switch the ends of the cable. If it still has an issue, try changing the cables or USB. The issue might be due to the faulty port cable. And if the issue still occurs, you need to fix the issue with the DriverFix method. After trying all the methods, try to scan using a brother scanner in Windows 11.
So these are the ways and methods to solve an issue regarding brothers scanner not working in Windows 11.